Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Excuses, Excuses

The recent technical difficulties seem to be under control. Computers bah!

As far as I know, no one heard the broadcast. Not even my mother. Hell, despite setting my alarm I didn't hear it. I assumed that 3am Vancouver broadcast time would be 4am my time, surprise! Caught the last five minutes. Ah well, not in it for the fame.

I did learn a lot from M when he helped with our recording. Some very basic things that I was doing wrong. (note to self, gear from Radio Shack is never a good idea) I'd say we're 2/3 of the way through getting a decent 3 song demo. Demo for what exactly still remains a mystery. But hey, life is mysterious isn't it?

As soon as I get some time I'll write the next installment of "What the Hell Was I Thinking..." in which I damage my hearing and quite possibility my ability to father children.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sweetie,

I'm really sorry that I missed the broadcast as well. What other bands did the show profile? I'm sure you aren't putting the demo together for me (well, maybe you are), but I'd sure love a copy, and I promise to air the crap out of it!

I've recently joined two other bands, one of which is playing tomorrow night. I get to sit in with them for 3 songs considering I'm just adding texture with my accordion, and well, I've just played with them four times. (The gig was booked months before I joined them.) Then I get to drink myself silly. And you know I'm really cut out for that kind of lifestyle (especially considering I have to make it to my student's school concert at 9:30am, then get my ass to my office job).

I have a gig in TO with my other band at the beginning of April, and I have yet to practice with them. How's that for Rock'n'Roll?! They have HUGE faith in my abilities!! At least I was given some rough tracks to write bass lines to. I'm really excited about this project because it's quite punk and it will go very well with my very bright hair color. (No corporate job for me, thanks. But I did notice, when I was in the Eastern Townships over the Christmas holidays that older women in Quebec have pretty wild hair, so I kinda fit right in... Too bad I live in the wrong province.) I'm also hyped about the show in TO because I've never been, and now I can say that I've been - TO PLAY A GIG!!! How's that for ego?!!!

Hope all is well with you, and I really look forward to the next installment of your romance novel "A Man and his Guitar."

Love,

MJ xo